Title Policy in Bethlehem, PA, Lehigh Valley, Nazareth, PA, Easton, PA and Surrounding Areas
5 important things to check in title policy
When reviewing a title policy, here are five important things to check. Traditional Abstract offers the same in Bethlehem, PA, Lehigh Valley, Nazareth, PA, Easton, PA, Allentown.
- Property Description: Verify that the property description in the title policy matches the details of the property you are purchasing or have an interest in. This includes the accurate legal description, lot numbers, boundaries, and any easements or encumbrances affecting the property.
- Ownership: Ensure that the title policy reflects the correct ownership information. It should list the current owner or the party to whom you are transferring ownership. Confirm that there are no errors or inconsistencies in the names or entities involved.
- Liens and Encumbrances: Examine the title policy for any liens, mortgages, judgments, or other encumbrances that may affect the property’s title. The policy should clearly state the status of these items, such as whether they have been paid off or if they remain outstanding.
- Exceptions and Exclusions: Carefully review the exceptions and exclusions section of the title policy. These are items that the title insurance company does not cover or protect against. Common exceptions include certain types of easements, boundary disputes, or restrictions that may exist on the property.
- Endorsements: Check for any additional endorsements that have been added to the title policy. Endorsements are optional coverage enhancements that provide additional protection beyond the standard policy. Ensure that any requested endorsements have been included and that they address specific concerns or requirements you may have.
It’s important to note that reviewing a title policy can be complex, and it’s always advisable to consult with a qualified real estate attorney or a professional title company to ensure a thorough and accurate examination of the policy. Please call us without any hesitation.